For over 10 years this nursing home had been struggling with Legionella, with a number of different contractors unable to resolve the issue.
Aquachem were engaged in August 2020, we installed a Sanosil dosing system and using Sanosil Super 25 within 30 days no Legionella was detected – and still none to this day.
Large Nursing Home in the North of Dublin
This nursing home had been having issues with Legionella for over 10 years, with some samples showing >3,050 cfu/L. and >7,500 cfu/L.
Several contractors visited the building throughout this period but were unable to eliminate the Legionella. They had tried numerous chemicals via different methods but were unsuccessful.
Aquachem were called out in August 2020 and carried out a thorough review of the site and all paperwork / reports that had been carried out over the years.
Working with our client, a 5-step action plan was put in place, with the aim to eliminate the Legionella bacteria:
- Full clean & disinfection of the tanks and empty out the calorifiers – this to be done immediately
- Carry out 2 further disinfections of the water tanks and pull the Sanosil Super 25 through all outlets. Water samples were taken on all these occasions
- Install the Sanosil dosing system to ensure the chemical is flowing through the water at a constant rate
- A maintenance schedule to be actioned
- A Legionella Risk Assessment to be carried out to help prevent any further issues