Aquachem provides tailored training and general water treatment courses ranging from a few hours to two days, covering Water Hygiene, Treatment of Steam Boilers, Chilled, Heating and Waste Systems. Courses can be carried at Aquachem’s training centre in Dunboyne, Co. Meath just ten miles from Dublin, at customers’ sites or in a local hotel.
Training is as fundamental to Legionella control as are risk assessments, logbooks and a management structure. Inadequate management, poor communication and lack of training have all been contributory factors in outbreaks of Legionnaires’ Disease. Training can stop the spread of Legionnaires’ disease.
Legionella awareness training includes:
- The history of the organism
- Review of recent outbreaks
- Good practice procedures
- Review of different types of systems and issues associated with these systems
- Current Legislation and the role of responsible people
- Legislative guidelines
- Microbial testing and analysis
- Literature, handouts and certification will be provided.
Training is designed for Facility Managers, Health and Safety Officers, Public Health Officials and Professionals that offer services related to water treatment, plumbing systems, cooling towers and industrial hygiene.